Monday, February 23, 2009

College

I'm leaving for college at the end of this summer and I am nervous as anything. Leaving my family, animals, and queen size bed to live with someone I don't know in a small room with a bunk bed... spare me! What will I do?

Well, of course, my mind goes straight to the issue of clothing. I have worn a uniform to school for the past 7 years. I don't know what I am going to do when I can wear a different outfit everyday! I've been perusing Etsy and found some great clothing designers and vintage sellers.

I'm also on the lookout for a great bag for books and a laptop. Apparently backpacks are worn by the "dorky" girls, but my view is that there is nothing wrong with that! Anyway, I want one with a large zipper for closure. I've had bags that close with a magnetic snap but my things always fall out and dirt somehow always finds its way in. I also want a few inner pockets for my phone and a calculator or something. I'm looking for a navy blue or black, something simple that will match almost anything. And, most importantly, I want a cute shape.

I'd also like a new wallet. I'm hoping to get my own credit card for only a few small purchases so that I will be able to build my credit score, slowly yet steadily. I know that college students are a credit card company's dream customer, but I promise I won't succumb to debt!

That's what I need for now. Ready for my top picks?


Vintage Soft Baby Doll Bell Sleeve Mini Dress by leasvintage
$25

This mini dress would be SO cute over jeans. It is something different from what I could buy at a mall. I would wear this to study in the library, go out with some friends, or just lounge around the dorms!


The Market Bag in Provincial Blue by moop
$93

This bag is perfect for carrying around campus. It will fit my laptop, a textbook, and will look so fashionable!
Wallet in Mulberry Spade Damask by LBaccessories
$35

1 comment: